...a festival of autumn delights
Sunday 23 September, 2pm-5pm.
© Harvest It! logo.
Free event for all in Myatt's Fields Park, Camberwell, London SE5.
Harvest it! will transform the Park into a bountiful village of delights with collective artworks and spectacular performances with the participation of hundreds of local people. Join us to celebrate harvest in the heart of the city!
A major participatory programme, involving artists working with city farms, allotment organisations, schools, choirs and other local groups will explore the theme of harvest, weaving together multiple cultures and revealing new expressions. On the day there will be a giant sculptural figure adorned with produce grown in the park, a massive maze, live music, tango and Latin American dance, circus and carnival, collective embroidery and stitching, and much more. Audiences can savour food and flavours, take part in craft making activities and take home harvest keepsakes. Touch tour and audio description of the event by Pickles Norman at 3pm. Meet at the Glass House near the Knatchbull Road entrance. Produced in collaboration with home, Harvest It! is leading on from Light it!, the spectacular communal celebration which attracted over 3,000 people last year.
- Artistic Director
- Ali Zaidi
- Barby Asante, Fergus Drennan, Jan Hendrickse, Eleanor Margolies, Myriam Ojeda Patiño with ArtLAT, Shane Waltener.
- Janet Waugh, motiroti; Laura Godfrey-Isaacs, home
- Learning Director
- Janice Galloway
- Archbishop Michael Ramsey Technical College, Arte y Compañia, Bramah Green Community Centre, Brockwell Park Community Greenhouses, Camberwell Choir School, Collectivo Mayor, Durant Primary Arts After School Club, Escuela Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Kakatsitsi Drummers, Lambeth Asian Centre, Loughborough Primary School, Make a Difference, McAlpine Dance School, Myatt's Fields Park Allotment Volunteers, Roots & Shoots, Rosendale Allotments, DJ Eric Soul, South Connections, St Johns Parents and Toddlers Group, St Johns Senior Citizens Club, Streatham Darby and Joans Club, Synergy Centre, The Nest, Vassall Voices, Vauxhall City Farm.
- Arts Council England Grants for the Arts and the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Coutts Charitable Trust and the Local Network Fund.
- Camberwell Arts, Myatt's Fields Park Project Group, The London Borough of Lambeth Events and Parks, Veolia and Visit London.
- Media partner
- Southwark News
- Production Management
Download PDF files
- [0.2435 mb]
- [0.0382 mb]
If you encounter any problems downloading or opening these files please